May 1, 2016 | By: Cynthia Marcano

Review: Land of Silence by Tessa Afshar


Land of Silence
Author - Tessa Afshar
Rating - 5 out of 5 Stars
Would I Recommend: ABSOLUTELY! 

Back Cover...

Before Christ called her daughter . . .

Before she stole healing by touching the hem of his garment . . .

Elianna is a young girl crushed by guilt. After her only brother is killed while in her care, Elianna tries to earn forgiveness by working for her father’s textile trade and caring for her family. When another tragedy places Elianna in sole charge of the business, her talent for design brings enormous success, but never the absolution she longs for. As her world unravels, she breaks off her betrothal to the only man she will ever love. Then illness strikes, isolating Elianna from everyone, stripping everything she has left.

No physician can cure her. No end is in sight. Until she hears whispers of a man whose mere touch can heal. After so many years of suffering and disappointment, is it possible that one man could redeem the wounds of body . . . and soul?

What I Loved...

I have waited so long for Tessa Afshar's next book and with my heart bursting, I can say it was worth the wait. Land of Silence is a must read for anyone looking for a story of redemption and God's awe inspired greatness. To my recollection, this was my first fiction book with Jesus as a character and I was a little worried. My anxiety was in vain. Afshar made his love for us leap off the pages in such a real and simple way, without fluff. She didn't change what the bible says (in case you are wondering).

Within the first three chapters, I was already emotionally invested as if I were halfway through the book. A book that can make me cry (several times), laugh, and make me fell like I am living amongst the characters, is always a book that I like. But a book that does all of that and speaks to my spirit, is one that I love.

Main character Elianna took me on a journey with her. The book is written in 1st person. It made the story so much more powerful. I loved when she loved. I hurt when she hurt. I was scared when she was scared. I rejoiced when she rejoiced.

You all know how much I love swoon worthy moments and there were a few of those too!

I KNOW I will read this book again and have added it to my list of fave books (with Afshar's other books).

What I Liked...

Afshar made the characters so real and flawed. She didn't change who they essentially were to tie up "loose ends" and make everything so happy and perfect. Instead, Afshar used the messiness of her realistic characters to write a story that us flawed humans can relate to, still give God glory and still enjoy the story. The plot was satisfying rather than unrealistically happy-ever-after.

Other...

The cover is beautiful.

I stood up all night to finish this book. It's that good.

Get this book. You won't regret it.


Disclaimer: This book was provided by the publisher through Netgalley. The opinion of this book is my own and I was not paid or compensated for my review.


0 comments:

Post a Comment