February 1, 2016 | By: Cynthia Marcano

Review: Deadlock by DiAnn Mills


Deadlock
Author - DiAnn Mills
Rating - 4 out of 5 Stars
Would I Recommend: Yep!

Back Cover...

Two murders have rocked the city of Houston. Are they the work of a serial killer, or is a copycat trying to get away with murder?

That is the question facing Special Agent Bethany Sanchez, who is eager for her new assignment in violent crimes but anxious about meeting her new partner. Special Agent Thatcher Graves once arrested her brother, and he has a reputation for being a maverick. Plus, their investigative styles couldn’t be more opposite: he operates on instinct, while she goes by the book.

When hot leads soon fizzle out, their differences threaten to leave them deadlocked. But an attempt on their lives turns up the heat and brings them closer together, and a third victim might yield the clue that will help them zero in on a killer. This could be the case of their careers . . . if they can survive long enough to solve it.

What I Loved...

In mainstream Christian Fiction, it's rare to find a heroine of Hispanic heritage. I was so super excited to read a book that featured one that was an authentic Mexican woman. I loved reading Spanish throughout the book and the Hispanic family dynamics. I am working on my first real book as an aspiring author and the female lead is an authentic young woman and feared that it would not be widely accepted. Deadlock was an inspiration to me.

What I Liked...

I am not usually a suspense fiction reader, but I loved that Mills had me guessing until the end. The twists and turns made me want to keep reading late into the night. I honestly guessed that the killer was everyone at one point or another...lol. I literally changed my suspect a hundred times.

Other...

Love the cover. Great depictions of the characters.

There was one loose end that I wish would have been solved better.


Disclaimer: This book was provided by the publisher through Netgalley Book Publishers. The opinion of this book, is my own and I was not paid or compensated for my review.


0 comments:

Post a Comment