February 15, 2016 | By: Cynthia Marcano

Playing The Part by Jen Turano


Playing The Part
Author - Jen Turano
Rating - 5 out of 5 Stars
Would I Recommend: Yes. Yes! Yes!!

Back Cover...

Lucetta Plum is an actress on the rise in New York City but is forced to abandon her starring role when a fan's interest turns threatening. Lucinda's widowed friend, Abigail Hart, is delighted at the opportunity to meddle in Lucetta's life and promptly whisks her away to her grandson's estate to hide out.

Bram Haverstein may appear to simply be a somewhat eccentric gentleman of means, but a mysterious career and a secret fascination with a certain actress mean there's much more to him than society knows.

Lucetta, who has no interest in Abigail's matchmaking machinations, has the best intentions of remaining cordial but coolly distant to Bram. But when she can't ignore the strange and mysterious things going on in his house, it'll take more than good intentions to keep her from trying to discover who Bram is behind the part he plays.

What I Loved...

Playing The Part is definitely one of my favorite books by Jen Turano. It is also one of her funniest. Turano really thought out of the box for this plot and I couldn't be happier about. I can honestly say that I have never read this plot in any other book. It's a wonderfully fun read. I love Lucetta's character and while Bram is not my favorite hero, I do adore the couple that makes up Lucetta and Bram.

As is her custom, Turano brings back a few characters and I always love to read where they are now.

What I Liked...

With so many things that I loved about this book, I am almost remiss to downgrade anything to like rather than love.

The other characters in the book are a delight! A mishmash of odd characters always helps stir up some funny.

Other...

Love the cover which is no surprise.

Looking back, I can't help but smile when I think about the fact that this book contains an actress, a goat, cannons, cemeteries and a dungeon. Yes, that makes absolute sense...lol. This is a must read if you are in the mood for light-hearted romantic comedy.


Disclaimer: This book was provided by the publisher through Netgalley. The opinion of this book is my own and I was not paid or compensated for my review.


0 comments:

Post a Comment