September 17, 2015 | By: Cynthia Marcano

Review: A Sapphire Season by Lynn Morris


A Sapphire Season
Author - Lynn Morris
Rating - 3 out of 5 Stars
Would I Recommend: Not Sure

Back Cover...

Lady Mirabella Tirel, the beautiful daughter of the Marquess of Camarden, takes a practical approach to love since a dashing captain broke her heart at age 17. Now at almost 22 years old, she has decided to endure one last London season to secure a suitable engagement and begin a simple life in the country.

Sir Giles Knyvet is Mirabella's oldest friend and her most dependable ally, and he is also secretly in love with her. Yet he knows the prospect of a relationship is doubtful: Besides being a mere baronet, he aims to settle a large family debt before sharing his feelings with her. But as Mirabella draws close to a suitable match, Giles may need to interfere to buy himself more time.

Thoughts:

I have decided to bypass my customary What I Love, Like and Other for this book because I simply confused. It's funny because I read through the book quickly and the more I read, the more I became unsure if I liked it or not. Two days after I finished reading the book, I kept thinking about the main hero Giles Knyvet. Why, I am sot sure. Here is what I do know.

Throughout most of the book heroine Lady Mirabella, is sorting through his list of prospects to find a husband. Throughout most of the book we see her with other gentleman courting her. I found this rather aggravating. How was I supposed to root for her and Giles to be together, if I hardly read of them together, other than in the beginning and the end of the book. I didn't mind the courting with other men, but maybe if the hero of the book was actually in the book more, I would have found the book more loveable as opposed to likeable. After reading the book and rereading last sentence of the back cover blurb, I don't get that impression at all and is a bit misleading.

On the other hand, the book moved quickly, it wasn't a slow read. I found that I really enjoyed the bits with Giles and would have liked to have read more with him.

Lynn is a good writer, this plot just left me wanting more. I would definitely read more from her, as this was my first Lynn Morris book. Yes, apparently I have been on another planet - I know!!


Disclaimer: This book was provided by the publisher through Netgalley. The opinion of this book, is my own and I was not paid or compensated for for my review.


0 comments:

Post a Comment