January 20, 2015 | By: Cynthia Marcano

Review: Like A Flower In Bloom by Siri Mitchell


Like A Flower In Bloom
Author - Siri Mitchell
Rating - 4 out of 5 Stars
Would I Recommend: Probably

Back Cover...

For years Charlotte Withersby has worked as an assistant to her father, an eminent English botanist. As she approaches the old age of twenty-four, her father pushes her out into society, swayed by an uncle who believes God's only two roles for women are marriage and motherhood. When one of the Withersbys' colonial correspondents, Edward Trimble, returns to England, he's drafted as the new assistant so Charlotte is free to marry. This suits Edward's plans quite well, since the last thing he wants to do is reunite with the family he is ashamed to call his own.

Though Edward proves himself vexingly capable on the job, Charlotte won't surrender the job without a fight, and schemes with her best friend to regain her position.

What I Loved...

The character of Charlotte is brilliant. Truly loved her. She is absolutely hilarious and a very fun read.

What I Liked...

I really felt like I was walking into society with Charlotte. Siri Mitchell did a great job of making me feel like I could have been Charlotte entering society...clueless. I also liked the relationship between Charlotte and her society friend. It was refreshing and realistic, not catty or too stuffy.

Other...

I love the cover of the book and that is exactly how I pictured Charlotte. All in all the book was well written. In retrospect I am amazed how the plot went along so well with all kinds of troubles and no real villain.

The only thing that I would have liked more, was extra romance between the hero and heroine. There was some, but I need lots more. It's just my personal preference.

If however you like strong female leads, light romance, lots of hilarity and history woven in (which I do) than this book is perfect for you.

4 out of 5 Stars for me!

Disclaimer: This book was provided by the publisher through Netgalley. The opinion of this book, is my own and I was not paid or compensated for for my review.


0 comments:

Post a Comment