November 24, 2014 | By: Cynthia Marcano

Review: Deceived by Irene Hannon


Deceived
Author - Irene Hannon
Rating - 3.5 out of 5 Stars
Would I Recommend: Maybe

Back Cover...

For three years, Kate Marshall has been grieving the loss of her husband and their four-year-old son in a boating accident. But when she spots a familiar-looking child on an escalator in the mall, she is convinced it is the son she thought was dead. With police skeptical of her story, she turns to private investigator Connor Sullivan. The former Secret Service agent is dubious but agrees to investigate. Digging into the case he discovers that the incident may have been no accident at all. But if Kate's son is alive, someone is intent on keeping him hidden--and may be willing to go to lethal lengths to protect a sinister secret.

What I Loved...

Didn't really "Love" anything, but I liked a bunch of stuff. Skip to that area.

What I Liked...

The book moved along nicely and flowed smoothly. It was suspenseful yet also contained a little romance for the romantics like me. The plot was something you would definitely find on Lifetime Channel; a little action, a little suspense and then a little romance thrown in for good measure.

Other...

The first few chapters of this book didn't really reel me in; not even the one that was supposed to hook me. I was a little curious, but not much. I am not usually a suspense novel reader, but I think Irene Hannon did a good job incorporating a lot of what I usually do read (romance, swoon bits and love) into a suspense and action packed book.

With everything going on, I found myself most intrigued by the relationship with Todd and his father. It was both awww and ohhhhh at the same time. I kept wondering how Irene was going to play that storyline out. I was neither thrilled nor bummed in the end.

Wrap-Up...

Deceived is a mix of a bunch of things, but suspense/drama is the main theme. I would recommend to some of my friends. If you are into Suspenseful Christian books or like a little romance, but not a main stream romance novel, than this is a good read. You may also like this book if you are really into Lifetime movies.


Disclaimer: This book was provided by the publisher through Netgalley. The opinion of this book, is my own and I was not paid or compensated for for my review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment