November 10, 2014 | By: Cynthia Marcano

Review: Surprised By Love by Julie Lessman


Surprised By Love
Author - Julie Lessman
Time It Took for to Read - 1 Day
Rating - 5 out of 5 Stars....more if I could
Would I Recommend: Yes. Yes. And then Yes!
Shy and unattractive as a child, Megan McClare has always been teased by her classmates. But when she returns home from her senior year in Paris, the wallflower has suddenly blossomed into a beauty. With ambitions to become a lawyer or doctor, Megan accepts an internship at the district attorney's office only to discover that she will be working with Devin Caldwell, a boy who mercilessly mocked her at school--and with whom she was hopelessly enamored. She turns to her dear friend Bram Hughes for support and advice. But Bram's vision is clouded by his sudden unwelcome attraction to a girl he had always thought of as a kid sister. He advises forgiveness, but can he forgive himself for pushing the woman he loves into the arms of another man?

What I Loved...

Pages 1- 416. Yes that would be the entire book. I am big fan of Julie Lessman and the Heart of San Francisco series and Surprised By Love did not disappoint. I had those rare put the book down and scream into a pillow moments, tearing up moments, fanning myself with my hand steamy romantic moments, laughing out loud moments and being reminded why I am a Christian moments. This book has it all and it was one of my favorites of the year.

Mrs. Lessman has the talent to weave muliple stories in one book and make them ALL gut wrenching and powerful stories, not just fillers between the main storyline. I was captivated by the underlying stories as much as the main story of Megan and Bram.

If you, like me, love to see when a couple can overcome what seems to be like insurmountable odds and in the end it is God who is glorified, this book is for you!!!

I can't say it enough.... I loved, loved, loved this book.

What I Liked...

See the What I Loved Section instead!

Other...

The cover is gorgeous as always! Love it.

While I do love this book, I must recommend that you first read the other books in the series. It will add so much more to the book and one of the storylines do begin in the first book of the series. While you can certainly read this alone and thoroughly enjoy it, reading the entire series is highly recommended. It takes the enjoyment of Surprised by Love to another level.

If I have been vague in my review, forgive me. I don't want to spill a thing nin hopes that you read this book and get to enjoy it thoroughly without knowing bits and pieces of what happens...hence they are called spoilers. I like you too much for that. You can thank me later!

Ok, I'm off waiting for Julie's next book!

Disclaimer: This book was provided by the publisher through Revell Book Publishers. The opinion of this book, is my own and I was not paid or compensated for for my review.



0 comments:

Post a Comment