October 14, 2015 | By: Cynthia Marcano

Guest Reviewer: Street God by Dimas Salaberrios


Street God
Author - Dimas Salaberrios
Rating - 4.5 out of 5 Stars
Would I Recommend: Yes

Back Cover...

His street name was Daylight. But he was a nightmare. On the streets of New York, darkness and violence reigned. Dimas “Daylight” Salaberrios popped his first pill when he was eleven years old, and just days later, he was selling drugs to his schoolmates. By fifteen, he was facing time at the notorious Rikers Island Prison. It was never safe to turn your back, and Dimas saw only one chance to survive: to become a street god. He would be the richest, most powerful ruler in the hood . . . or die trying.

But in one terrifying moment, with a gun pointed at his head, Dimas had to decide: How far would he go? Was he finished taking reckless chances to rule as a god of the streets? Would he dare to entrust his life to the real God—an even riskier path? Because that God would send Dimas back down the darkest streets he’d ever known on a rescue mission after those still in danger.

Street God is the true story of one man’s against-all-odds journey from the streets to the altar and back again. A modern-day The Cross and the Switchblade for a new generation, it reveals that we’re never too far gone for God to change us—and shows how a single spark can illuminate even the darkest existence.


Review

"The book truly is about a street God. What I love about the book was the reality in which in which he lived his life. I am familiar with lifestyle and have lived some of it.  I come from the same place that Daylight came from. Daylight is an amazing guy and connected to him a lot. He has overcome so many trials in his life. He is a perfect example how God allows you to go through the bad choices in life but can bring you out of them. God perfectly had a purpose for him.  I was amazed that while the book was all about drugs, murder, gang life, deception and law breaking, the language was clean. The only thing I would change about this book is the lack of attention his daughter received in the book. I'm not sure why. I would have liked to have seen more of that relationship. Even still, this is the kind of book I love to read.  I am happy that he shared his story. It is very uplifting." MD


Thanks for the guest review MD!


Disclaimer: This book was provided complimentary by the Tyndale. The opinion of this book is my own and I was not paid or compensated for my review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment