October 15, 2015 | By: Cynthia Marcano

Review: Love's Every Whisper by Naomi Rawlings


Love's Every Whisper
Author - Naomi Rawlings
Rating - 4 out of 5 Stars
Would I Recommend: Yes

Back Cover...

Victoria Donnelly is, as always, a failure. With five years of failed courtships behind her and the calendar inching closer to another birthday, Victoria's determined to redeem herself and snag a proposal from a wealthy childhood acquaintance, Gilbert Sinclair. But returning to Eagle Harbor stirs up long forgotten memories. And worse, old affection for her betrothed's enemy.

Elijah Cummings has loved Victoria for fifteen years. But fishermen's sons don't marry shipping barons' daughters. He knows it. She knows it. The entire town knows it. Resolved to keep his distance from Victoria, Elijah focuses on establishing a much needed life-saving station, risking his own life by rescuing sailors stuck aboard shipwrecks.

He knows how to save drowning sailors, but how is he to save a woman from the biggest mistake of her life—without destroying both their hearts in the process?

What I Loved...

I am quite used to reading about hero's that may start off badly and end up capturing my heart. I am also used to reading about hero's that are good and loving and capture my heart. I am not used to hero's that are good and loving and then not so good and still capture my heart. Naomi did a great job crafty perfectly human characters.

Love's Every Whisper has a few sharp turns that took the book in a way I never anticipated. Those moments kept me reading past my bedtime.

What I Liked...

From my recollection, this is the only book I have ever read with a water life-saving rescue squad. I was so pleased to read a book with a new aspect, especially from a historical setting. Pleasantly surprised!

Love's Every Whisper is part of a series but is easily read as a stand-alone book.


Other...

The cover is lovely.

This is my first read by Naomi but it won't be my last.  I found a new author to add to my "Will Read" list. I am looking very forward to the next installment in the Eagle Harbor Series.



Disclaimer: This book was provided complimentary by the author  The opinion of this book is my own and I was not paid or compensated for my review.


0 comments:

Post a Comment