March 5, 2015 | By: Cynthia Marcano

Review: My Keepsake Bible by Sally Ann Wright


My Keepsake Bible
Author - Sally Ann Wright
Rating - 4.5 out of 5 Stars
Would I Recommend: Yes

Back Cover...

My Keepsake Bible" combines baby records, family history, and Bible stories. The padded hardcover book is the perfect gift for a new baby and the ideal way to begin to teach the little one God's story. Children will learn early that their family's story is a part of God's story.Full-color, adorable art complements these stories, prayers, and places to record baby and family info. It's a memory book and a Bible story book in one.

What I Loved...

Although the book is only 144 pages, it packs lots of biblical accounts within the 144 pages. It also contains scripture infused prayers between the accounts. A great teaching tool for children to begin to learn to pray.

The beginning pages of the bible contain space to add lots of information like a family tree, birth statistics and milestones.

What I Liked...

The font of the book is adorable and is reminiscent of font used on scrolls with a modern twist. No fancy letters, but instead eye pleasing while easy to read.

The front is cover of the book is a soft plush cover with a durable gloss cover that is sure to survive some toddler use.

Other...

The back cover is not soft but hard cover which I am not too fond of. I would have preferred soft cover all around or hard cover all around. It just feels weird.

The inside pages are a heavier paper. However, I would not recommend this book for toddlers to read alone. They can probably easy rip the pages. This definitely is meant for a early school aged child (1st grade).

When I first saw the artwork I was not too fond of it, but it did grow on me. I can easily picture my children trying to replicate the drawings. They appear so simple with easy lines yet so full of life. Having said that I am not sure that children would actually like the images. With such high tech graphic cartoons these days, simplistic yet beautiful may not resonate with today's children.

I did ask my seven year old and he said they were beautiful drawings. However, he doesn't use that word too often and now I am only left wondering whether he was saying what he thought I wanted to hear. God bless him...lol.

Disclaimer: This book was provided by the publisher through Tyndale. The opinion of this book, is my own and I was not paid or compensated for for my review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment