July 30, 2014 | By: Cynthia Marcano

Reiew: Paper Roses by Amanda Cabot


Paper Roses
Author - Amanda Cabot
Time It Took for to Read - 1 Week
Rating - 4 out of 5 Stars
Would I Recommend to My Students & Friends: Maybe
The future stretches out in front of Sarah Dobbs like the pure blue Texas sky. Leaving Philadelphia, mail-order bride Sarah arrives in San Antonio ready to greet her groom - a man she has never met but whose letters have won her heart from afar. But there is one problem - he had died. And Sarah can't go back East.

What I Loved...

Nothing really.

What I Liked...

In general I liked the book. There was a mix of romance, suspense, drama and Christianity weaved throughout. There was nothing stereotypical about the heroine Sarah Cobbs or the hero Clay Canfield. They are flawed characters in need of Jesus and the book isn't afraid to showcase it. The book had me guessing until the end. Clever writing.

Other...

For those who read my reviews often, you know I am a stickler for 2 things in the books I CHOOSE to read. Swoon and.....comedy! Paper Roses had a bit of swoon and no comedy. I am not asking for a stand up show, just a little laugh here and there. I was disappointed in that aspect, but overall I still enjoyed in the book.

I found this book on Amazon for FREE! Woohoo! I would read the other books in the Texas Dream series if I could get those for free too...lol. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment