July 11, 2014 | By: Cynthia Marcano

Review: A Match of Wits by Jen Turano


A Match of Wits
Author - Jen Turano
Time It Took for to Read - 3 Days
Rating - 4.5 out of 5 Stars
Would I Recommend: Yes
After his departure from New York two years ago to meet up with his almost-fiancee, Zayne Beckett is the last person Agatha Watson wanted to stumble upon in her travels as a reporter with the New York Tribune. Quite pathetically bedraggled, he clearly needs to be taken in hand and sent back East to his family. Although she no longer has feelings for him, Agatha realizes--by hook or by crook--she'll have to be the one to get the obstinate man home.

Everyone else may think them a match, but nothing could be further from the truth--until Agatha finds herself in real trouble. Have these two stubborn, too-smart-for-their-own-good people been meant for each other all along?

What I Loved...

I am a fan of Jen Turano and A Match of Wits did not disappoint. The whole gang from her previous books are incorporated in the book and I just loved it. It felt familiar and brought back memories of previous plots.

Jen Turano's female characters are hilarious and I found myself laughing out loud quite a bit.

What I Liked...

For those that don't know me, I am a bit obsessed with swoon  and humor in the novels that I read. While A Match of Wits did have lots of humor, it didn't have as much swoon as I like, BUT in this case it's not a bad thing. The lack of fit the storyline perfectly well and I am surprised myself how much I liked the book without one of my major ingredients for loving a book.

Other...

Who said you shouldn't judge a book by its cover? I admit that I do judge a book by its cover...literally a book. Jen Turano's cover's are unmistakeable. However once I begin reading, I don't ever picture the woman on the cover . I guess since the characters have appeared in previous books, I already have a picture in my head of what they look like. I found myself constantly  looking at the cover and just couldn't make the image on the cover stick. I guess its not a big deal but I thought I'd mention it. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment