June 5, 2014 | By: Cynthia Marcano

ACReview: In The Field of Grace by Tessa Afshar


In The Field of Grace
Author - Tessa Afshar
Time It Took for to Read - 1 Day
Rating - 5 out of 5 Stars
Would I Recommend to My Students & Friends:Yes!
Two women. Alone. With no provision. Can a woman who has lost everything, except her beloved mother, find hope in a foreign land?

What I Loved...

Beautifully written!! Although I already knew this story, Tessa's writing told the story in such a beautiful way it felt as if I read the Book of Ruth for the first time. I felt as if I were right there experiencing it with the characters. Simply lovely! I would read anything she writes. She is very talented.

What I Liked...

The feelings that she conveys of each character as their story is being told was so perfect. Although these emotions aren't conveyed in the bible's telling, but the up and down emotions Tessa describes for each character is so genuine. I went back and reread the Book of Ruth after finishing this novel and I felt more connected to it. I KNOW that this is a work of fiction and Tessa's imagination but she made these biblical heroes come alive in a way I have never thought of.

Other...

In The Field of Grace is a work of fiction and should never replace the bible's version. However I thoroughly enjoyed this book that I can best describe it as simple lovely. I recommend reading the Book of Ruth in bible FIRST before reading this novel, it will help you appreciate both much more.

The cover is absolutely stunning and a perfect fit.

This is a must have book! One of my Top 3 Faves this year!


0 comments:

Post a Comment