April 2, 2016 | By: Cynthia Marcano

Like Never Before by Melissa Tagg


 Like Never Before
 Author - Melissa Tagg
 Rating - 4.25 out of 5 Stars
 Would I Recommend: Yep

Back Cover...

Maple Valley became Amelia Bentley's haven after her heart and her dreams of a family were shattered. But her new life as a newspaper editor is shaken when the small-town paper is in danger of closing. Her one hope: A lead on an intriguing story that just might impress the new publisher...if only she knew who he was.

After his biggest campaign success yet, widowed speechwriter Logan Walker now has the chance of a lifetime--a spot on a presidential campaign. But his plans are interrupted when he finds out he's inherited his hometown newspaper. He travels home intent on selling the paper and spending some much-needed time with his young daughter before making the leap into national politics.

But instead of a quick sale and peaceful break from his hectic career, Logan finds himself helping Amelia chase her story. She's scrappy, but wounded. He's dependable, but lost. They may butt heads more than expected, but a series of leads on Maple Valley's quirky unsolved mystery is just the start of the sparks that fly in the office and in their hearts.

What I Loved...

Two words. Logan Walker. But I suppose you want to know what makes Logan so lovable. Logan Walker, the hero of Like Never Before, it all too wonderful. Melissa Tagg did a wonderful job with this character. He is a single dad that LOVES his daughter. He's smart (like almost nerdy smart which I love) and caring. He is character yumminess wrapped up ready to devour.

There is a portion of the book that takes place in a library, which I more often times than not just love. This was definitely one of those times where I loved it.

When a Christian Fiction novel incorporates lots of romance, humor and history, I am already half way in love.

What I Liked...

There was a lot going on in Like Never Before that added to the overall story. I had a deeper appreciation for the story and characters due to Tagg showing depth with all of the characters, from Logan to the non-essential hotel clerk.

 Amelia, the heroine, had her issues going on but overall she was a character that grew on me more and more as I read the book. It was nice to see her character mature without changing her personality.

The family dynamic of the Walker Family was endearing and this series will be one that be bittersweet when it wraps because Melissa does such a good job making you feel like you are a part of Team Walker. I felt like I was in the noisy Walker kitchen waiting for one of Logan's special omelets.

Other...

Like the cover. Not how I pictured Logan but did picture Amelia very similar to the cover model.

The novel started out slow for me, but I am so glad that I pushed through. This is a really good read and I really and truly recommend it!


Disclaimer: This book was provided by the publisher through Netgalley. The opinion of this book is my own and I was not paid or compensated for my review.


0 comments:

Post a Comment