May 5, 2015 | By: Cynthia Marcano

Review: The Creole Princess by Beth White


The Creole Princess
Author - Beth White
Rating - 4.5 out of 5 Stars
Would I Recommend: Yes
On Sale Today at Christianbook.com for $9.99 

Back Cover...

All along the eastern seaboard, the American struggle for independence rages. In the British-held southern port of Mobile, Alabama, the conflict brewing is quieter--though no less deadly. The lovely Frenchwoman Lyse Lanier is best friends with the daughter of the British commander. Rafael Gonzalez is a charming young Spanish merchant with a secret mission and a shipment of gold to support General Washington. As their paths cross and their destinies become increasingly tangled, Lyse and Rafael must decide where their true loyalties lie--and somehow keep Lyse's family from being executed as traitors to the British Crown.

What I Loved...

My favorite kind of hero in a book is a flirty, cool kind of guy. I always seem to love those books the best. Rafi is that kind of hero and I just loved his character! Plus he is Spanish! He is my first Spanish male hero and I was so excited about it. I am so happy to say that his character didn't disppoint.

As I have mentioned many times before, I love history so a book with lots of swoony bits that incorporates real history is always a great read for me. Loved all of the history. Learned lots of new things.

What I Liked...

Lyse, the heroine, was a likable character and I could picture her clearly barefoot and in all of her splendor as well. She is a well written character that grows as the story progresses. I enjoyed reading her character.

Other...

The cover is stunning, although I didn't quite picture Lyse that way.  The book covers the era of history when The colonies are fighting for freedom from England and includes points of view from the Spanish in the Florida area, the French in the New Orleans area, the British loyalists and American Colonists as well as slaves.

The book packs a punch of both love and history and I truly enjoyed it. I would definitely read Beth White again.


Disclaimer: This book was provided by the publisher through Netgalley. The opinion of this book, is my own and I was not paid or compensated for for my review.


0 comments:

Post a Comment