September 16, 2014 | By: Cynthia Marcano

Review: Tried & True by Mary Connealy


Tried & True
Author - Mary Connealy
Time It Took for to Read - 1 Day
Rating - 5 out of 5 Stars
Would I Recommend: Yes!
Local land agent Aaron Masterson is fascinated with Kylie from the moment her long hair falls from her cap. But now that he knows her secret, can he in good conscience defraud the U.S. government? And when someone tries to force Kylie off her land, does he have any hope of convincing her that marrying him and settling on the frontier is the better option for her future?

What I Loved...

A perfect blend of everything I love in a novel. I laughed out loud several times and fell in love with Aaron almost immediately. There were enough hot-mama parts to satisfy me and I'm hooked to the series. Mary Connealy got the job done!

I have also already fallen in love with the main hero for the next book. Extra points for Mary Connealy.

What I Liked...

All of the Wilde Sisters are very likeable as well as other minor characters. I usually love either the heroine or the hero and like the other and that remains true here. I like Kylie as the heroine but I'm not sure yet if she will be my fave Wilde Sister.

Sunrise is great and  wished she would have appeared earlier in the book.


Other...

Really like the cover. She is the perfect picture of Kylie.

I have previously read one other Mary Connealy book. Well read is a stretch. I actually couldn't get through it and decided not to review since I didn't even finish it. She redeemed herself with this book. I look forward to the other books in the series.

On another note, I found that in my experience with both books, Mary will describe a situation so severly, I get lost and bored in its description. It happened early in Tried and True (Kylie gettng on the roof) and I almost gave up but she quickly moved away from that writing and made it enjoyable after that. In my opinion describing, in such expansive detail, how Kylie planned on getting onto the roof bored me. However when it was time for her to get down, the plot picked up and moved along nicely.

One other detail. Now that I have read the book, I am not fond of the title. It doesn't do the book justice.


0 comments:

Post a Comment