May 31, 2014 | By: Cynthia Marcano

Review: Worth The Wait by Laura Jackson


Worth The Wait
Author - Laura Jackson
220 pages
Time It Took for to Read - 2 Days
Rating - 3 out of 5 Stars
Would I Recommend to My Students:Yes
Ellie Lansing has a picture-perfect life with a close-knit family and the perfect boyfriend. But her world is suddenly knocked off center when her drool-worthy boyfriend cheats, and her always-has-it-together mother is diagnosed with cancer. Ellie doesn’t get it. She always does the right thing—doesn’t God owe her a happy life? Through her heartache, Ellie learns that sometimes what seems like the end is really just the beginning and that what God has for us is always worth the wait.

What I Loved...

There was lots of Godly dialogue and relevant scripture throughout the book.

What I Liked...

Laura did a good job incorporating realistic teen issues...dating, parties, alcohol, raging hormones, gossip and emotional roller coasters. Teens are so overdramatic! 

Other...

This book, like no other, had me really thinking about my review. Usually when writing a review I already know what I am going to write about. The likes and dislikes just stick out in my head.

Worth The Wait is a bit of a paradox for me. I want to like it, I don't dislike it but I can't describe anything I liked or even disliked for that matter. So you can see why this review is a bit difficult.

Well actually, there was one dislike that I need to mention. The ending! It just didn't work for me. I felt like so many things were left unresolved without a clue as to if there would be another book to continue the story. I like closure or at least the hint of something more to come. I don't mind being teased for another book, as long as it is clear that there will be, in fact, another book.

One other thing that probably made me not love the book, was the absence of humor. Its a personal preference of mine. I expect it in a YA Romance. Teens are fun and humor should be incorporated even if just a little.

0 comments:

Post a Comment