August 11, 2013 | By: Cynthia Marcano

ACR: The Miner's Lady by Tracie Peterson


The Miner's Lady
Author -Tracie Peterson
350 pages
Time It Took for to Read - 2 Days
Rating - 5 out of 5 Stars
Would I Recommend to My Students:Yes
When Chantel Panetta's younger sister claims to be in love with Orlando Vittorio, Chantel knows there is no hope. The Panettas and Vittorios have been sworn enemies for decades, and young love cannot heal the deep wounds between the two iron-mining families. Yet, unable to resist Isabella's pleas, Chantel agrees to help her sister spend time with Orlando...only to have a run-in with Dante, Orlando's brother. The older, more handsome one.

Chantel can't deny the attraction that flares when she's with Dante. But when a tragedy occurs at the mine, is there any hope that the hatred that has simmered between these two families might be resolved? Or will Chantel's hope for love be buried amidst decades of misunderstanding?

What I Loved...

The story overall is just great. It entails everything I love in a historical romance genre. Tracie Peterson did a great job making me feel like I was walking in the muddy streets or feeling the cold against my flesh. I alos love the cover.

What I Liked...

I really liked the brothers Dante and Orlando. I could totally picture them and hear them in my head. I also liked the Panetta Family dynamic. They seemed like a genuine family and a family that I would know.

Other...

I know I haven't given much detail in my review and that is mainly because I really do like this book alot and I don't want to give anything way. I highly recommend!!!

Disclaimer: This book was provided by the publisher through NetGalley. The opinion of this book, is my own and I was not paid or compensated for for my review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment